Week 16: Wrapping It Up

CSIT 155 has given me a brand new perspective of social media. Social media marketing is so much more than just posting content. It's about making your brand/business stand out among the rest. The content a business posts must be carefully done so it reflects the values and personality of the brand.

This class has taught me which social media platforms work best for my business. It has also taught me the importance of scheduling my content ahead of time, observing my analytics, and being strategic with the posts I create. Analytics became one of my favorite things to look at in this course. Before taking this class, I posted very little because I didn't feel confident in my posts. I never looked at my analytics and I often wondered why my content wasn't getting enough views/likes/comments/etc. Throughout this course, I am proud to say that I am much more confident and strategic with the content I post on social media.

I never thought that I would create a Facebook page for my business until I took this class. I didn't think it would have too much success because of how many businesses are now on Facebook. I was surprised to see so much support from my family and friends liking and following the page! I am happy to say that I will continue making content on here. I am also grateful that I am able to link my Instagram account to my Facebook page. This makes it easier for me to ensure that content is being posted on Facebook. I also plan to create Youtube videos that will be posted on this Facebook page for all to see!

One useful tool I learned in this class is the use of hashtags. Before taking this class, I felt like hashtags were just a common trend that I saw my friends use; however, my opinions of hashtags soon changed. Hashtags are a wonderful way for new users to discover your brand. It also helps you reach and interact with new users you might have never encountered without hashtags. This course has taught me which hashtags would be useful for me to use. As a result, I have noticed new users visit my Instagram profile and eventually follow the page.

A huge takeaway is the use of scheduling out my content. I am not the best when it comes to posting things at a reasonable time, especially during my users' peak hours. I also find myself over-analyzing what type of content to make which paralyzes me from creating any content, and I end up not making the content. With a content schedule, I am able to follow the tasks I give myself while also staying on track with being consistent with posting content. This tool has taught me how important it is to stay consistent and organized with my posts.

Lastly, CSIT 155 has taught me the importance of strategic social media planning. By creating a content schedule and observing my analytics frequently (at a healthy rate), I am confident that I will be able to make content that will fully engage my audience! I am so happy that I took this course and I can't wait to grow my knowledge in social media marketing. Since taking this class, I have seen my follower numbers grow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. I can't wait to keep exploring with lighthearted and entertaining content that works best for my audience. Thank you very much for teaching me everything I know about social media for businesses! 

Thank you for reading!

- Jumpingkellybean


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Why I chose my theme

Week 2 B: Business Research

Week 10 Post 1: Email Marketing