Week 15 Post 1: Marketing Plan

Throughout this course, I have learned so much about the effectiveness of social media platforms that represent your brand, engage your audience, and grow your audience. The big take-away from this class is that social media platforms are more than just apps you visit throughout the day. These have grown to be successful tools that can truly effect people and businesses for the better.

This class has taught me how important it is to create purposeful content that shows your brand's mood and personality. These posts need to stay within the brand's personality, otherwise viewers/customers will be confused about the business's values. Social media strategies are so important and crucial to learn about. These strategies will grow your brand, cultivate your audience with thoughtful content, and create the right image for your business.

For my type of business I plan to use Instagram, Tiktok and Twitter as my primary social media platforms. After exploring these platforms this semester, I am confident that I have the tools to make them work best for my brand. All of these social media platforms help with brand awareness and the platforms provide a variety of different ways to create content. I simply love how creative these platforms are! Instagram will allow me to post highlights and clips from my Twitch channel to share. It is also one of the best platforms to increase your exposure. Tiktok will allow me to explore with making creative and quirky skits, which will further create the brand's personality. I also plan to create a few motivational pieces of content and some singing content. Overall, I plan to keep my content mostly video game related. Because Twitter is huge in the video game/streaming community, it is best that I continue to create content on this platform.

There is so much more to content creation and social media marketing than just creating the content and posting it. In order for the content to work for the business, the business must also engage with their audience. If I plan this out wisely, I will schedule time to create the content, schedule when they will be posted online, and make time to engage with my audience on these platforms. I will use my analytics to best determine when I should be posting my content in order to get optimal viewing. Depending on the content, I would say it would take about 1-2 hours of creating the content. If it is a video, I would say it would take another two hours to edit the video (unless I hire someone to edit the content for me). For my live streams, I plan to stream two-three times a week for about three hours. My live streams will be community based content where my viewers could interact and chat with me live on stream. 

Throughout this course, I have learned how important it is to schedule out your content. As a result, I will be using a content calendar and will schedule my content for the entire month. I believe that it will take about an hour and half for me to plan out my content and schedule it accordingly. Lastly, I will spend about thirty minutes a day to engage with my audience by commenting back on posts and checking my feed.

I am so grateful to have taken this course. This class has allowed me to explore with different social media platforms in order to decide which platforms work best for my business. It has also taught me the importance of keeping a clear theme for your brand. By keeping a clear and consistent brand, potential customers will have a better understanding of your business's brand. For now, I am aiming towards promoting brand awareness on all these platforms to attract more viewers to my Twitch channel. The best way to do this is to create quality content that is engaging to my audience that will encourage them to check out more content from my business.

Thank you for reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 B: Business Research

Week 10 Post 1: Email Marketing

Week 9 Post 1: Blogging for Business