Week 14 Post 1: Social Media Analytics

    Analytics play a big role in tracking how a business is performing. These analytics display information regarding how well a business is doing, what promotional aspects need to be improved, and how well the posts are being received by social media users. Businesses use these analytics to determine their next move in promoting their products/services.

    Throughout this semester, I have used the "Insights" feature on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to see observe my analytics. The "Insights" display how much reach I am receiving with my content, how many users interacted with my content, how many followers are seeing my content, etc. I have also used Google Analytics to analyze my business's progress. Google Analytics is free to use and includes tons of features that allow you to see how well your business is doing. These features include tracking engagement, monetization, retention, and which pages get the most views.

   In Google Analytics, businesses are able to track how many users visit their website. This feature then breaks down the average amount of time users spend on your page and where they are coming from.  Another feature that is extremely valuable is the demographic feature. This feature allows brands to discover what types of people are visiting their website. It is extremely important to consider looking at this feature because it will help businesses/brands learn more about their audience and see what audience they should target based on this information.

    Google Analytics is one of the many tools businesses can use to measure their analytics. There are other websites and software that can be used to measure your analytics; however, some of these will require a one time fee or a membership fee to access. Google Analytics is free to use and is extremely organized, making it easy to read your statistics. I highly recommend any business to use this before considering a membership elsewhere. I know I will continue to use Google Analytics to measure how well my business website is doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Why I chose my theme

Week 10 Post 1: Email Marketing

Week 2 B: Business Research