Week 12: Additional Business Marketing Tools

Social media is such a powerful tool to have right now to promote your business/brand. I find it to be essential for content creators to utilize social media as much as possible. By using social media, it helps businesses gain exposure from different users and audiences online. Finding the right social media platforms is the most important thing to consider. Diversifying your content is a great way to branch out to other audiences, but it is important to do what works! Although it is best to explore with different platforms, stick to the ones that really work for your brand. This can be determined based on your  post insights/analytics. It's not worth spreading yourself out too thin on various social media platforms if the content does not work for a particular platform.

I spent this week focusing on social media platforms that could help me reach more viewers for my Twitch channel. These platforms include Tiktok and Youtube.

The first social media platform I looked into was Tiktok. At the moment, I feel like I still don't know what I am doing on this platform. I can see how creating content on this platform could be effective in promoting your business. Tiktok is a great way to humanize a business's brand and adds personality to it as well. It also looks really fun and interesting to do! Lately, I find myself overthinking the creation process, hence the lack of content on my account. I plan to continue to use Tiktok as soon as I figure out what content best fits my niche. The platform only allows users to record 15-60 seconds per video. This time frame has really made me feel stuck about what content I should create.

Youtube is the ideal place where I should be posting additional content. Many streamers post additional videos on there to help them drive traffic to their Twitch channels. Their videos have some sort of value to their viewers (education, entertainment, motivational or relative). Because Google is the parent site to Youtube, their algorithms practically match each other. Content creators use this to their advantage! Content creators will create Youtube videos that their viewers want to see (based on their niche). After they create the video, they will post it on Youtube with a catchy and searchable title. Having a catchy and searchable title will optimize the creator's search engine optimization, which will drive more views and traffic to their Youtube channel and then, their business. With me going to school and working part-time, I have found it to be a bit difficult to create Youtube videos; however, I plan to create some in the future. This will definitely help drive traffic to my Twitch channel.

This week has taught me to really look at what each social media platform has to offer. I was excited to learn more about what social media platforms could benefit my brand and assist in spreading brand awareness. I feel like my hands might be full with Tiktok and Youtube but with the right team, I'm sure the creating the content will be doable! If I manage my time out carefully, I should be able to find some success with Tiktok and Youtube. I'm really excited to see how these platforms will help me branch out to other audiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Post 1: Email Marketing

Week 1: Why I chose my theme

Week 9 Post 1: Blogging for Business