Week 11: Marketing with Linkedin, Twitter, and Social Influencers

As a company, it is important to evaluate what social media platforms are effective in marketing your brand. Based on your analytics, you also need to assess which platforms are going to reach more people in your target audience. For my brand, I specifically looked for what platforms would benefit my brand the most (Instagram, Twitter, and Youtube). After doing extensive research, I have learned which platforms work the best for me and my business. I also discovered how each social media platform could be effective for businesses depending on the business's goals.

LinkedIn is a social media platform used to share information about work opportunities, available positions, and future employment opportunities. It is geared towards people making connections with one another and to gather company employees. I found that this platform is a great tool for people looking for new employment opportunities. It mainly focuses on assisting the user in making work connections and allows them to apply for a job online. For my company, I don't think LinkedIn will be the best way to market my brand; however, I can see where businesses would use this to search for employees.

Twitter is a widely used social media platform in the Twitch streamer community. The main mission of Twitter is to share information as quick as possible. The 280 character limit forces people to write short messages to the public, which could encourage businesses to stay on topic. The atmosphere of the platform is casual but can also lead to some controversy depending on its usage (take our President's use of it as an example).

I believe that Twitter will be the social media platform that I spend most of my time on. Since a lot of Twitch streamers are already on the platform, Twitter will assist my business in gaining more audience reach. As a result, it would assist in driving traffic to my Twitch channel. I also enjoy the different ways you could post on this platform. You could use your choice of text, images, videos or gifs to share. The variety choice would help keep my content looking fresh and could assist in catching users' attention. Twitter would be a great platform for me to network with other streamers, share upcoming news about my Twitch channel, and share when I am going live on Twitch. Twitter is also a great way to connect and talk with people about various topics.

In regards to social influencers, I believe that it can be an effective source of marketing for businesses. With my business being an entertainment service, I'm not sure if social influencers would be able to assist in marketing my business. Perhaps if I stream with a social influencer, it would attract a broader audience and create PR for my brand.

After doing my research on both LinkedIn and Twitter, I have discovered how different social media platforms could be used. Each social media platform could aid a business in a variety of ways. Instagram is effective to share visuals or messages in a visual way. Twitter is used to share information in a short, quick manner. LinkedIn shares up-to-date information about new job opportunities. The list goes on with what each social media platform is capable of. What I have discovered is that LinkedIn is not the social media platform I should spend any time on. Because of its huge online gaming presence, Twitter is the platform I should be spending most of my time and energy on. 




Comments

  1. You rock! Seriously rock! You are so the Twitter personality! You're creative and quick and energized! That platform is designed for you! I think you could even become an influencer on our own just by your presence and how you contribute to Social Media. You don't need to find an influencer to work with, you should and will become one on your own. That's what I think. You're very impressive and you have a lot to offer the rest of us. Once again, another impressive and well written post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Post 1: Email Marketing

Week 1: Why I chose my theme

Week 9 Post 1: Blogging for Business