Week 8 Part 2: Discoveries Using Instagram

    This week we explored using Instagram with hashtags. I posted 3 times this week: one on Friday, another on Saturday and one earlier today. For these posts, I used videos from my streams and an image of myself. I find myself still trying to figure out which types of posts are most effective for my followers.

    Most of my hashtags are specific to my business. For my video posts, I included a hashtag that included the title of the video game I was playing. I figured that hashtag may help with potential reach to users. The hashtags I used were: #gamegirl, #selfcare, #findingmyconfidence, #twitchstreamer, #femalestreamer, #twitch, #womeningaming, #darq, #twitch, #spooktober, and #psychologicalhorror. I found the hashtags I used by looking at other streamers' hashtags for inspiration. I also included some hashtags related to self-care and self-confidence for one of my posts. I also found it interesting that the hashtag #gamegirl seemed to help reach more users than the other hashtags I planned to use. 

    I discovered that my post on Saturday seemed to get more likes than the post on Friday; however, I do believe my timing for all of my posts are off. I do not recall when I had posted these, but they were posted in the middle of the day or closer to the evening. After discovering this, I should start posting in the morning so users have more time to think about it and could respond accordingly to the posts. 

    Overall, I do believe Instagram is a potential social media platform that will be effective for my business. Because my business is related to my streaming channel, I think Instagram would be a great place to post fun clips from previous streams. Timing is crucial when it comes to posting your content. I also learned that the content needs to affect the followers somehow. It needs to have some sort of value to them. With this in mind, I need to examine my posts and determine if they will be engaging to my followers enough to compel them to comment or like. I plan to continue using Instagram for my business and will continue to explore with different types of posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Post 1: Email Marketing

Week 2 B: Business Research

Week 1: Why I chose my theme