Week 10 Post 1: Email Marketing

     Email newsletters are an effective tool to share business news with your clients. I believe newsletters should be sent out at least once a month, although I fear that may not be enough. Once I start to fully understand what my community wants to see, I might increase my email activity to twice a month (depending on the amount of news needed to be shared). I've seen businesses send constant emails about their business and if it does not appeal to me, I typically delete them. If it gets to be too much, I would unsubscribe from their mailing list. I am hoping that my emails will not cause my viewers to unsubscribe from my newsletter.

    For the type of emails that will be sent out, I would love to include stream news (what game I am currently playing, planned events, etc). I want to start doing charity streams each month. These email newsletters would be a great way to announce what charity we (as a community) have selected to donate to for the month. Further down the line, I would also include information about Jumpingkellybean merchandise being released for people to purchase. I believe my community would enjoy these newsletters because it gives them a peek at what the business is up to.

    My goal with these newsletters is to keep my community in the loop. With that being said, I want to focus on committing to the planned monthly schedule. I also want my newsletters to be exciting and interesting to allow my community to enjoy being included/involved. Lastly, I have considered doing short personalized video emails for my subscribers on Twitch (part of the perks of subscribing to the channel).

    I am currently subscribed to the Stream Coach Academy newsletter. They send out emails about every two weeks sharing helpful information about how to be an effective streamer. Their emails also share free resources and announce upcoming workshops the business is running. I like these emails because it is full of useful information that I could use to improve my content. 

Comments

  1. Hello Kelly,
    I liked how you mentioned newsletters could be more effective if sent out once a month opposed to being sent out every week. The reason you mentioned was because people might unsubscribe if sent out too often and I completely forgot that I also delete or unsubscribe if I am getting too many emails. So I may have to relook at my business model. Charity streams seem like an amazing idea and I do not see myself ever deleting newsletters with that type of information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the newsletter aspects. Great way to personalize your blog and keeping you connected to your customer base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, I appreciate that you have a perk of video emails for your subscribers. I think coupons and special rewards (in your case) are a good way to motivate consumers. I was looking at newsletters in my field to get tips and inspiration, so it sounds the Stream Coach Academy newsletter will be very helpful for your business.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 B: Business Research

Week 1: Why I chose my theme