Week 3 Part A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

Penny Juice:

  • Home page looked very busy (too many colors, tons of information all at once)
  • Too much text (very wordy)
  • Hard to determine what to read first

Penny Juice is a juice company geared towards childcare. When I first visited the site, I was a little overwhelmed with what to look at first. The colors were extremely bright and I noticed a variety of fonts being used. The color scheme is definitely inviting to children, but I didn't think that the colors blended well with each other. The website had a lot of information displayed on their home page, which made it difficult to determine where to look first. The site also was very wordy. Since there was a lot of words displayed, I really did not feel interested in reading everything that was written on the page.

I believe that this site has potential be seen as professional but with the font variety and color scheme, it does not give off a professional feel. The site seems to focus more on the children as their target audience of site visitors, but these choices made the site look too overwhelming. I believe that the company would benefit if they stuck with less colors and made their information more simple for visitors to read.

Jamilin:

  • WAY too busy
  • Too much text
  • Width of the center is too narrow for amount of content

Holy cow! This website is BUSY! I was really shocked to see this much text on a home page of a website. With the amount of text and images displayed, I can't really pin-point what this business is trying to sell. The color scheme seems to work; however once you go to the products, the color scheme becomes less inviting. When I clicked on the "Personal Bagua Map", the color scheme became a very bright yellow that took away from the content on the page. The one thing that bothered me was the width of center of every page. With this much information on such a narrow space, it makes the page look like a lot more than it is. It definitely could have been wider in order to fit this information better. 

As I continued to navigate through the site, I noticed that every web page is busy. The navigation looks busy as well! The navigation section includes a drop down function with tons of content under each webpage. This site has a lot to improve. The major thing I would recommend is de-clutter the information that is on each page. By de-cluttering the pages, it makes it less busy and overwhelming for visitors to look at. I also believe that the business needs to focus on what they really want to sell/advertise. Based off of what I see on the website, I have NO clue what they are advertising.

 California Center for the Arts:

  • Amount of events on the page felt excessive
  • Lovely featured images of venue
  • Great organization of navigation links

The first brand I am analyzing is the California Center for the Arts in Escondido. At a first glance, I noticed how easy the navigation links were to read. The information is easily accessible for visitors; however, the featured events looked overwhelming. The featured events listed twenty events, which seemed excessive for a home page. I could understand having about five listed and a link to the full event calendar, but not twenty events. I also felt like the long list of events on the home page made it look like a super long page.

Overall, the website does have a very professional look. The neutral color scheme makes everything on the page stand out which is important for featuring events. The images are clean, crisp and beautiful! My favorite images were the wedding/reception pictures, and the outside of the venue at night. The header and footer of the website remains consistent throughout each page.This website definitely makes me want to visit this venue.

Toyota:

  • Very easy to navigate through
  • Well organized
  • Professional color scheme that is inviting for visitors

When I took a first look at the Toyota website, I noticed how easy it was to read and navigate through. It was easy to identify what information I needed to read first, and where to go if I wanted to learn more information. The color scheme of black, white and red does not distract from any of the information listed on the site. Every single page has their logo on it. I love how consistent they are on each page!

Toyota's website has a very professional look with a basic design to it. What I love most about the website is how simple they keep the information. The website is not bombarded with tons of information that would overwhelm website visitors. Instead, the important information is provided front and center for the visitor to look through, while tucking away the additional information in other parts of the page whenever the visitor wanted to look for it. The images are so clean and crisp! With these images on their website, it adds to their credibility of being a reliable car brand. As a Toyota customer, these images make me want to window shop for my next car and imagine myself in them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 13 Post 2: Jumpingkellybean Advertisements

Week 9 Post 1: Blogging for Business

Week 10 Post 1: Email Marketing