Week 3 B: Developing Your Brand

         I am using my Twitch channel as my business for class. My content is solely entertainment through the medium of video games. Viewers hop into the stream to watch me play something new for the first time, or to hear my input on the game. I do not have a logo for my brand. I believe that I am the face of the brand; however I do have emotes and icons that viewers can use when they are subscribed to the channel. One icon that viewers enjoy using is an animated image of me with a shocked expression on my face. This was inspired because I tend to make this shocked expression during my play throughs live on stream. You can find this icon below. The second icon is another viewer favorite.




         My tagline would have to be my Twitch username: Jumpingkellybean. The name "Jumpingkellybean" came to mind when I was thinking of something fun and playful to have as a username. The "jumping" part of the name came about when I was thinking of alliteration for my username. The idea was to have it be "Jumping Jellybean" but I instead changed the "j" to a "k" to make it more personal to me. Overall, I intended for my name to be cute and playful, similar to my personality. With the tagline and the icons, I believe that it is showing that fun and playful brand. 

    My brand personality is laid back but also upbeat. As a result, I use a conversational voice when I am live on stream. When I am speaking to businesses and professionals, I will use a professional, well-mannered tone of voice. Whenever I am live on stream, I try to remain as upbeat as possible but I also try to stay honest and real. Viewers prefer seeing people be vulnerable than someone who is putting on a fake smile. Some viewers have mentioned to me that "it's like a breath of fresh air" to see someone be so open and vulnerable. I also want to start including a motivational tone to my brand. During these tough times, I would love to help people somehow by being a motivational influence.

    My color scheme consists of blues and purples. I chose those colors because I love the colors together and they are also my favorite colors. Over the summer, I have discovered how much I love that color scheme together along with pink. On my Twitch channel, each panel has a blue image for the titles. The stream itself has these color schemes, as well as the space aesthetic similar to my class blog. For my font, I tend to go with Aladin because I love how it looks against a blue background. As a child, I always loved the movie Aladdin, so the font style is also a nod to my love for that movie. In my opinion, the font looks professional. It is easy to read and does not distract from what the content is saying.

    I do not have any business cards made for my business. I am still trying to figure everything out in terms of what my brand really is and how I want to market it. So far, my social media accounts are consistent with the icon, the color scheme,  and the aesthetic. I'm still debating if the space aesthetic is how I want to brand myself because my business and content does not discuss space at all. I merely just enjoy looking at stars and galaxies. It's really mesmerizing to look at! I look forward to refining my brand throughout this class!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 B: Business Research

Week 10 Post 1: Email Marketing

Week 9 Post 1: Blogging for Business