Week 2 Part A: Communication Between Business and Consumer

    Before social media, businesses mostly communicated with their customers through the phone or by mail. There was not a certain place for customers to share their opinions or reviews of the business's product or service. Back then, customers would usually share their opinions on a telephone survey after they have been helped by the company's customer service. Today, customer service is much more personal and easier for customers to communicate with businesses. 

    Social media makes it easier for people to get noticed or have their problem solved in a variety of ways. One tool I have noticed would be the search bar. By typing in certain terms or phrases, businesses are able to navigate through and see what is being said. With everyone on social media more often than usual, it is very easy for someone to get noticed about anything. Websites such as Yelp have allowed customers to communicate with one another about their experiences with businesses. Businesses use this platform to determine how they could make their customer experience better for potential customers based off of the reviews that are posted.

    If I review a product or business, I would share positive reviews about my experience. I feel like it is essential to be kind when posting about a business or product. I understand how important positive reviews are for businesses. When I was a server at BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse, the managers always looked at Yelp reviews to determine who would serve certain large parties for the night. Whenever there is something negative about my experience at a business, I usually like to communicate that in person or over the phone. Posting it online is never fun. I feel like negative comments could easily be misinterpreted and seen as a terrible thing when the comment could have been a small hiccup in the customer experience. I also believe that it isn't fair to post it online because it stays there for what feels like forever. I would hate to take part in saying something negative about a business online.

    If it were my own business on social media, I would respond back to all comments in a timely manner. By responding right away, it shows the customer that you are taking their comments seriously and also shows that you care about who you are taking care of (the customer). Because it is online, I believe that it is important to leave a pleasant impression when responding back to comments. This is because you want to avoid any misinterpretation in your response. As a customer, I enjoy when businesses take the time to engage with me because it makes me feel like they truly care about me as a consumer than just taking my money. Overall, I believe that maintaining communication with all the customers is beneficial when creating relationships with businesses and consumers.

Comments

  1. Hi Kelly,
    I love how you told the backstory of social media for business in the beginning, did your reasearch, then made a conclusion. It showed that you did your research and told a story as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 10 Post 1: Email Marketing

Week 2 B: Business Research

Week 1: Why I chose my theme